Sunday, June 21, 2009

dear dad







it is fathers day and i want to take this day to honor my dad. he is the epitome of a great father and grandfather. one who has taught me so many things through out my life. too many to count or keep track of, i am afraid.  he even handed down to me my boney knees and wrists and skin that gets brown in the sun, the love of adventure and sunshine. when we would vacation as a family at lake powell when i was young, he would always look at me and say, "this is the life, shawna." he loves the water and the outdoors, and loves a fun thrill, never afraid to take a chance. when i was a teenager he would take me flying...lets just say we were upside down and sideways a good portion of the time. and he would always let me take the controls. always had faith i could do it, and gave me the confidence that i could do anything. love the adventure and thrill seeker in him. i have posted about him before, and have gone on and on about how much i admire and love him. i will do this again, for a brief moment. my dad is great. i have never met anyone else as hardworking, courageous and who carries with him so much integrity. he is completely honest-something i greatly admire and consider to be one of the most important attributes anyone can posses. if i could have my sons grow up to be like anyone in the world, i would want them to be like my dad. 
enough said. 
i think that sums it up.

happy fathers day, dad. i love you with all my heart.

"Let us reflect gratitude for our fathers.

"Father . . . is ever willing to sacrifice his own comfort for that of his children. Daily he toils to provide the necessities of life, never complaining, ever concerned for the well-being of his family. This love for children, this desire to see them well and happy, is a constant in a time of change."

Thomas S. Monson

                                   

3 comments:

Jack and Melissa McIntyre said...

What a wonderful tribute to Dad--& what a horrible pic of me--you need to delete that! I'm looking forward to seeing you post a bunch of cute pics for your birthday on Wednesday...wishing Craig a very happy Father's Day today! Love you always, Melissa

shawna henrie said...

6/21/09
Shawna:
I have read your blog and am touched by your wonderful thoughts regarding us. We do have a special relationship and I am grateful for your part in my life. You are a very special spirit, one who has been a great blessing to your mother and me. We continue to be amazed at what you are doing with your life and the lives of your family. You are a doer and a leader with many extraordinary talents. Keep up the good work. We love you very much.
Dad

gr8apey said...

why, oh why, are old photos soooo much fun? Is it because we can't imagine our parents as youth? Good looking dad with a beautiful daughter!!!