Tuesday, November 10, 2009

best hot dog on the planet


visited the la fabric mart today. ordered gorgeous mocha colored heavy velvet drapes. the guy took me in the back to show me the lining, then asked if i wanted the thermal, thicker lining. i asked him what the price difference would be. he said $15. i had to catch my breath. it took a lot for me to not to say, "are you kidding me, did i hear you correctly?" and only $39 a panel for labor. am i dreaming? on the right planet? best deal i think i have ever heard of...and i get to go back next week, pick them up and have another bacon wrapped hot dog from the street vendor, complete with salsa and caramelized onions and peppers. well worth the drive. claudine and i decided we were experiencing hot dog ecstasy while eating them haphazardly on the sidewalk. i swear, if that little mexican lady brought her cart to the oc, she would make a fortune,
and she could charge 8 bucks a pop.
but she'd have to provide chairs.

5 comments:

gr8apey said...

ohhh...I didn't know you guys were going...no one called to confirm!! I feel left out.

shawna henrie said...

dont worry april, you will be coming with me to pick those drapes up...and we can relive the time we went in the summer!

meeshw said...

mmm...so if I did not have to work I would probably be really annoying and invite myself...:)
have not been to the la fabric mart and really would like to go someday...grrrr on working...

emma johnson said...

can we schedule to go when im home for thanksgiving? bacon wrapped hot dog sounds soooo divine right about now.

Claudine said...

Should we take chairs??? I have some folding camp chairs that would be great for eating hot dogs! I can't believe we didn't take a picture of that gastronomic phenomenon! Can't wait to go back and hit the 'other shops' as well...