Saturday, March 6, 2010

strawberry cake


sort of a baking day today. raining, cold outside. 
so i am going to make a mess in my kitchen now, just after i have spent the afternoon cleaning up.

this is the best cake ever...especially if youre NOT really into chocolate, like i am. i would much rather have a banana cream pie or cream brulee than chocolate...not really a chocolate girl, i guess. 
so...try this luscious cake. 

1 duncan hines white cake, made in a jelly roll pan
1 8oz cream cheese
1 pint whipping cream
2 cups powdered sugar
sliced strawberries
store bought glaze

mix cream cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar, set aside. whip cream with 1 cup powdered sugar, then combine with cream cheese mixture. spread on cooled cake. mix sliced strawberries and glaze and spread on top of cream mixture.

4 comments:

claudine said...

This is our favorite also. My son and my niece both request it every strawberry season - yummmmmm

Jack and Melissa McIntyre said...

I'm drooling again over your strawberry cake..I can't imagaine a day without strawberries..I ate them every day through this diet..the mainstay that got me through it. Eat about 10 pieces of your cake for me! lol Melissa

emma johnson said...

the things i'd do for that cake right now.

Jennifer Shorr said...

That's my kind of dessert! :)