Saturday, December 11, 2010

blast from the past

my sister and brother in law are visiting this weekend.
so glad they could come and help me with some "chores" around the house.
my sister helped me move the last time, and she is the super organizer...
a good match to my disorganization.
we were made for each other.
so with her, she brought her laptop, full of all sorts of fun old photos...


this photo is circa 1981 maybe...in my parents home in palos verdes.
uncle jack (in a smashing velour sweatsuit), jessica, shanna and jacob are the little ones.
and i notice i am in 501 jeans...need to get me another pair.


this is emma...about a year old, so this is 1990 or so.
i had me some long hair and a darling baby.
life was good.


this is the vista cruiser which i remember very vividly.
it is also the car that gave me the scar below my right eye. 
 i was thrown violently into a metal piece attached to the backseat (not seat belted, of course)
after my mom slammed on the brakes to avoid hitting a stray dog.
gotta love a woman who does not want to be a part of any killing of innocent animals.


this is my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary...maybe 1970 or so.
apparently the henries are known for their good looks.
by the look of this photo, this is a pretty dang good looking bunch of people.
i once had some old timer tell me i "looked" like a henrie.
never been more flattered in my life.


and that is me...front and center, bowl cut and all.
i still remember that v neck t shirt.
 this was at my grandparents hagerman idaho ranch,
complete with rolling pastures, grazing cattle and horses to ride. 
this picture taken in front of my grandmothers well kept rock garden.
(check out my moms red hair and my grandpas waders...so cool).
their ranch was a beautiful place.


this is july 1970. 
my sisters 15th birthday.
in the kitchen of the redlands house.
love how skinny my brother is.
wow. who knew.


1 comment:

Toshia said...

Maverick & Savannah love the pictures!! Hope you guys have a fun weekend!!
-Toshia