Saturday, August 23, 2008

Dinosaurland for Aenon




Well, we re-lived Aenon's childhood for a moment and went to see "Walking with Dinosaurs", I know, sounds kind of hokey, but the LA Times said it was good, so...we bit the bullet and all of us got in the car at the same time (I know,a feat in itself) and ventured to the Honda center. I could see the excitement in Aenon's eyes, as if she were 8 all over again. I wish this show had been around when she was little. For those of you who didnt know Aenon as a child, she LOVED dinosaurs. Knew every one by name. The show was actually good. The best part were these blow up pyschedelic flowers and plants, which instantaneously came to life right in front of us. You know it's bad when some dinosaur show is actually entertaining.

5 comments:

mrs. everything said...

that looks SO AWESOME. I'm sure Dane loved it too- but not as much as I love that picture of him on the top of this page.

mrs. everything said...

I was all about craigslist until I heard that BEDBUGS are back with a vengeance!!! What to do?!

George Eliot said...

I remember when Aenon was dinosaur-crazed-- in fact, to this day, I have deep pangs of guilt for accidentally breaking her Jurassic Park Tyrannosaurus Rex because we got carried away when my T-Rex took on her Velociraptor. And I'll leave it to Aenon to correct this dinosaur-ignorant teacher on the spellings of those creatures... So fun to see you online, too!

Erin said...

Way to go on starting a blog! I love your humble humor. The dinosaur show sounds like good ol' fashioned family fun. I'm sure you wish that "taxi driver" as your occupation was a joke--so funny.

gr8apey said...

You are tooo much! I love this...maybe this is our way of keeping tabs on each other!!!