Thursday, November 25, 2010

give thanks


i am thankful for...

heat seaters in my car (and yes, we call them that for some reason)

my sister, who calls and checks on me all the time...and always 
ends her sentence with 'i love you',
and i know she means it

a big dog who feels as much comfort as i do, sleeping right next to me

prairie grains whole wheat toast in the morning

the genuine goodness of my parents

five intelligent beautiful children who are each their own 
individual person, and i am glad for that

ugg boots

the warmth of a loved ones hand in mine

 red velvet cake batter yogurt with almonds

the feel of the sun on my face

and the knowledge that my Savior is real.



" We can lift ourselves, and others as well, when we refuse to remain in the realm
of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude.
If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins,
then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues"


-Thomas Monson
(thank you aarean)



3 comments:

In The Doghouse said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for darling friends, like you! xoxox

Jack and Melissa McIntyre said...

And WE all are so grateful that you are our awesome sister, loving daughter, marvelous Mom, terrific aunt, and wonderful friend..we are so blessed to have YOU in our lives! Thank you for all that you do..but especially for just being YOU...we love you always & forever! Melissa & Jack

Claudine said...

happy thanksgiving

I'm thankful to have you as my friend